Latest programme overview is available!
Registration is now open for OESF 2019 to be held at the Rydges Latimer Hotel from Monday 2nd to Friday 6th September 2019 in Christchurch, New Zealand.
OESF 2019 activities
- Plenaries: feature inspiring and up-coming leaders as keynote speakers and panel participants!
- Presentation Sessions: opportunities for high quality natural and social science researchers, practitioners and decision makers from all sectors to orally present their work based on OESF 2019 topics.
- Workshops: a setting for courses, training or stakeholders to discuss technical topics and engage in active exchanges of ideas and expertise.
- Town Hall-Style Meetings: offer a sounding board for new collaborations and ideas, or opportunities to launch important products (e.g. books, major projects).
- Side Events: provide an opportunity for member based organisations to hold meetings, or experts to hold discussions on high-level topics.
- Field Trip: the full day field trip will be focused on the practical application of ecosystem services.
OESF 2019 parallel presentations
Wednesday 4th September
- SESSION 1a: Multiple conceptualization of valuation and assessment of natural capital and ecosystem services
- SESSION 1b: Capacity building, empowerment, education & communication
- SESSION 1c: Ecosystem services & business; and sustainable development
- SESSION 2a: Experiences and learning in developing and using environmental-economic accounting & ecosystem assessment
- SESSION 2b: Indigenous and local knowledge on ecosystem services and their contribution to wellbeing or good quality of life
- SESSION 2c: Using ecosystem services and nature’s contribution to people concepts at a sector level including in forestry, agriculture, fisheries
Thursday 5th September
- SESSION 3a: Land and sea scape planning
- SESSION 3b: Institutional and legal frameworks, and poly-centric governance for employing an ecosystem services approach to natural resource decision making
- SESSION 3c: Public & private investment in ecosystem services (eg REDD+, PES, green finance, market-based & voluntary mechanisms) & impact investments
- SESSION 4a: Climate Change
- SESSION 4b: ES & urban ecosystems
- SESSION 4c: ES & protected areas management
Code of Conduct